Goalie gives up just one goal as Re/Max T-men win again

Nanaimo defeats Langley 6-1 in WCSLA action Sunday at Frank Crane Arena

It’s tough to score on the Timbermen.

The senior B Nanaimo Timbermen had another head-turning performance this past weekend with a 6-1 win against the Langley Warriors on Sunday at Frank Crane Arena.

The win came just eight days after a shutout win, and over their last three games, the Re/Max Timbermen have allowed just seven goals total.

Kyle Couling, coach of the senior B T-men, said this past Sunday’s game “turned out to be a real defensive battle and a goaltending battle.”

The Timbermen trailed 1-0 after one period and the game was tied 1-1 through two.

“We kind of watched the [Warriors’] goalie thorughout the game and analyzed him and then when we finally started shooting the shots that we were asking them to shoot, things came together,” Couling said.

Meanwhile, T-men goalie Pete Dubenski stopped pretty much everything and the coach credited his goalie for really pulling out the victory for the team.

“He was really good. They had a lot of shots in the second and he made some big, big saves in the second on a couple breakaways and a lot of power play saves,” Couling said.

The undefeated Timbermen are allowing only 5.6 goals against per game this season and the coach said the guys are playing well on D. They’re blocking quite a few shots, too, which he said is an underrated factor in lacrosse.

“If you can get your players to commit to kind of stepping into the shooting lanes a little bit more aggressively, it makes the game a lot easier for your goaltender,” said Couling.

Sam Postma scored two goals to lead the T-men offensively and Andrew Miller, Darrin Wilson, Ryan Taylor and Caye Ratcliff were other scorers.

GAME ON … The Timbermen visit Valley on Saturday, June 9, then host Coquitlam on Sunday, June 10, at 5 p.m. at Frank Crane Arena.



editor@nanaimobulletin.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Just Posted

Former Nanaimo CAO Tracy Samra now working for First Nation in Vancouver

Ex-city manager listed as Musqueam chief administrative officer, according to NEB filing

LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Citizens have right to protest tent city however they wish

Here’s a reality check to virtue signallers and social justice warriors, says letter writer

Nanaimo city councillor Bill Yoachim to leave municipal politics

Second-highest vote getter in previous civic election will not seek re-election in October

City committee member seeking seat at council table

Erin Hemmens announces she’s running for Nanaimo city council

Nanaimo Lakes fire being held, says B.C. Wildfire Service

Fire’s classification was downgraded today from ‘out of control’

B.C. wildfires 2018: Hazy skies impacting crews in spotting new fires

18,000 people are on an evacuation alert, with 3,000 homes under an evacuation order

Beefs & Bouquets, Aug. 16

To submit a beef or a bouquet to the Nanaimo News Bulletin, e-mail bulletinboard@nanaimobulletin.com

Red Cross now accepting donations for those impacted by B.C. wildfires

The Canadian Red Cross is asking for help now and in the weeks and months ahead.

Court rules against City of Nanaimo, fire safety enforcement order denied

Supreme Court of B.C. initially made the order last month in Nanaimo

B.C. program to educate parents reduces ‘shaken baby syndrome’ by 35%

Period of PURPLE Crying was launched nearly a decade ago

UPDATED: Vancouver Island community under evacuation alert due to wildfire

BC Wildfire Service says steep terrain near Zeballos poses challenge as “out of control” wildfire approaches homes

B.C. golfer, just 23, scores the rare albatross

Six-million-to-one shot a first for the Terrace club

Fredericton widow swears at Trudeau during condolence call

Widow of man killed in Fredericton shooting says she swore at Trudeau during condolence call.

Most Read