A mother and her two young daughters were displaced from their townhouse by a cooking fire on Christmas Eve.
Nanaimo Rescue responded to the townhouse complex at 309 Hillcrest Ave. shortly after noon.
Neighbouring suites were also temporarily evacuated because of the fire, but they were able to return to their homes after the fire was out.
The family had no tenants’ insurance, but firefighters retrieved their personal belongings and Christmas presents and gave the girls trauma puppy stuffies.
Emergency Social Services also found the family temporary accommodations.