Area rugs bring warmth, colour and comfort to your home. They’re often the centrepiece of a room, but because of this they’re also likely to suffer heavy wear and spillages.
Rugs in busy areas of your home, such as the living room or hallway, are particularly prone to wear and tear, and can soon appear worn or faded.
So how do you preserve the life of your treasured rug and make it as luxurious as the day you bought it? Here are five compelling reasons why you should have your rug professionally deep cleaned.
- To prolong the life of the rug – Regular professional deep cleaning of your area rug lifts accumulated dirt and grime from your rug, removes stains and preserves its quality for years to come. Rug fibres are damaged by dirt particles, which compromise the structure of the rug over time. Without professional cleaning, the rug becomes less cosy and comfortable and begins to look worn and shabby.
- To maintain colours – One of the dangers of cleaning an area rug yourself is that chemical residues build up and can make the colours bleed into one another. Having your rug professionally cleaned ensures any chemicals are thoroughly rinsed out, and your rug looks like new with defined patterns and colouring.
- To improve home hygiene – Dirt and bacteria can accumulate deep down inside a rug, but the extent of the problem may not be obvious on the surface. Consider food particles and pet dander that can become lodged in the rug fibres over time – it’s a hidden danger that can trigger allergens and cause health problems if not addressed. This buildup can also affect the air quality in your rooms. Deep cleaning your area rugs removes the buildup of bacteria and makes your home a healthier place to be.
- To freshen up old rugs – Professionally deep cleaning an older rug returns it to its former glory, and if done regularly, maintains softness, colour and quality for years. It also saves you money in the long run, as you won’t need to replace your rug, and it remains the eye-catching centrepiece you love.
- Because professional rug cleaning is affordable – Is your area rug an investment piece, a treasured heirloom or a reminder of a special time? Area rug deep cleaning is affordable, and by having your rug professionally cleaned you maximize your investment and protect your special inheritance or purchase.
How often should you have your rug deep cleaned?
If your rug is in a high-traffic area of your home, it’s recommended that you have it professionally cleaned at least once a year. Depending on the type of rug, cleaning might involve hot-water extraction and a stain-protection treatment, or a dry-cleaning method if the rug is delicate.
If you’re ready to have your area rugs cleaned call your trusted professionals at; COIT Cleaning and Restoration today! Learn more at coit.ca or call COIT in Nanaimo at