The school district has reported a COVID-19 case at Wellington Secondary School. (News Bulletin file photo)

The school district has reported a COVID-19 case at Wellington Secondary School. (News Bulletin file photo)

UPDATE: Wellington Secondary in Nanaimo sees another COVID-19 case

Potential exposure dates March 29 and 30, says Nanaimo-Ladysmith school district

UPDATE: School District 68 advised Thursday of another COVID-19 case involving a Wellington Secondary School student or staff member, with the same March 29-30 exposure dates as the case earlier this week.

Health officials do not believe the virus transmission happened at the school, as the cases have not been classified as a cluster.

PREVIOUSLY POSTED: Health officials expected rising case counts would mean more reports of COVID-19 cases at schools, and that happened with a case at Nanaimo’s Wellington Secondary School.

In a social media post, Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools said potential COVID-19 exposure dates at Wellington were March 29 and 30. According to Island Health, an exposure is defined as “the presence of lab-confirmed COVID-19 case(s) in the school during a period of communicability.”

Stronger mask regulations come into effect today, April 1, with face coverings required for students from Grades 4-12 in all indoor areas and on buses, whether in or out of their learning group.

Schools remain on Island Health’s exposure list 14 days after the last exposure date.

For more information, click here.

RELATED: Stricter mask rules coming into effect for SD68 students


More from the News Bulletin on Facebook and Twitter

CoronavirusEducation