File photo

File photo

Cooking fire sends Nanaimo couple to hospital

Mobile home on Morrell Circle suffers heavy smoke damage, two people displaced

Two people have been displaced from their home following a kitchen fire Saturday.

Firefighters responded to the fire that started in the kitchen of double-wide mobile home shortly after 5 p.m. Saturday in the 1100 block of Morrell Circle in south Nanaimo.

Alan Millbank, Nanaimo Fire Rescue fire prevention officer, said an elderly man and woman were taken to hospital for mild smoke inhalation.

“The two people were evacuated to the hospital and aren’t able to go back in their house until it gets sorted out by insurance,” Millbank said.

He said the kitchen suffered extensive smoke damage.

The couple was treated at Nanaimo Regional General Hospital and released.

READ ALSO: Nanaimo artificial turf field burned



photos@nanaimobulletin.com
Like us on
Facebook and follow us on Twitter