Search continues for 10-year-old Montreal boy missing since Monday

Montreal police said they are exploring every possibility in search for Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou

Montreal police continued searching backyards and going door to door on Saturday in the search for a missing 10-year-old boy, as his family continued to plead for his safe return.

Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou’s father said the family was offering a $10,000 reward to the person who could help them find their son and urged anyone with information to contact police.

“Every detail is important, even the smallest detail can be important,” Frederic Kouakou told reporters on Saturday.

Kouakou was last seen on Monday, when he left his home in the city’s Ahuntsic-Cartierville district to go to a friend’s house.

While the family believes he was abducted, police said they’ve found little direct evidence to suggest what happened to him and they’re considering all the possibilities.

Officers have used boats, horses, a helicopter and all-terrain vehicles to search a river and a wooded riverside park where someone matching Kouakou’s description was last seen at about 2 p.m. on Monday.

They’ve also been searching homes, interviewing witnesses and reviewing security camera footage as well as more than 120 tips from the public.

Police spokeswoman Andree-Anne Picard said officers expected to finish going door to door on Saturday.

After that, they will likely expand the search perimeter, she said in a phone interview.

On Friday night, several dozen people held a candlelight vigil and short march that ended in front of the family’s home.

Hours earlier, the boy’s mother spoke to reporters, where she appeared unsteady on her feet as she made an emotional plea for her son’s return.

“It’s been four days that I can’t sleep, I miss my son,” she said, flanked by family members who held her arms to support her.

“Help me find my son, I’m begging you,” she said a moment later.

Morgan Lowrie, The Canadian Press

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

Missing Nanaimo man found dead in woods at Westwood Lake

RCMP and Nanaimo Search and Rescue had been looking for 65-year-old Lionel Cayer

Charges laid following collisions between pickup and police vehicles

Majore Jackson, 32, and Andrew John Bellwood, 47, from Nanaimo, face numerous charges

Youth in care advocate for change

New youth advisory committee gets to work in Nanaimo

Two cars collide at Enterprise Way intersection

Accident happened Wednesday, April 25, just before 8:15 p.m. on the old Island Highway

UPDATE: Nanaimo RCMP say missing 13-year-old girl found

Police say Marley Warn is safe and sound

Unmarked police SUV with lights and siren on crashes at parkway intersection

Sport-utility vehicle and crossover collide at Aulds Road and Nanaimo Parkway

Beefs & Bouquets, April 26

To submit a beef or a bouquet to the Nanaimo News Bulletin, e-mail bulletinboard@nanaimobulletin.com

B.C. skydiver lands safely after cutting away main chute

Greater Victoria emergency services called after witnesses saw spiralling chute

78 Mexican farmworkers displaced after fire tears through building on B.C. farm

Flames broke out Thursday morning in building that housed up to 80 workers at Abbotsford farm

Cartoonist captures public mood following Toronto, Humboldt tragedies

Cartoonist said he was trying to find a bit of positivity with an image that has garnered attention

Whitecaps host against Real Salt Lake looking to snap 3-game losing streak

Ending their losing streak is all the Whitecaps care about when they host Salt Lake in Vancouver

Montreal Habs goalie Carey Price stops by B.C. hometown for rodeo

Famous goaltender tries to blend in with the crowd at first BCRA-santioned event of the season

B.C. hires 20 more conservation officers

The province announces 12 new locations for conservation officer services this year

Most Read