Children are the flowers of our communities. With strong roots, the right nourishment and room to grow, they can blossom in ways we can’t even imagine.
Led and stewarded by nine Coast Salish Nations, the Kw’umut Lelum Foundation (KLF) invests in First Nation children and the families that love them, creating pathways for their limitless potential. It’s the only community independent Indigenous-led community foundation in British Columbia, and one of two in the country.
The KLF Mission:
- Investing in the future through Indigenous-led collaborations that open pathways, power, and potential.
- Creating transformational change by expanding cultural, economic, social, educational and recreational access.
- Working hand-in-hand as nine powerful Nations through purposeful collaborative actions with external partners.
With the support of international and local businesses and community members like you, KLF has created a powerful collection of grants and scholarships to support Coast Salish children.
- Physical Literacy Grants: Bursaries to support access to sports and recreation programs, plus grants to support new physical literacy programs.
- Language, Arts and Culture Grants: Funding to expand current initiatives and new programming that supports innovation of language, arts and culture, including digitizing art and stories, language courses, plant medicines practice and knowledge, youth art exhibitions and more.
- Financial Literacy Grants: Establishing a pathway for children to post-secondary education as early as possible, through matching funds in Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs).
- Kw’umut Lelum Indspire Awards and other scholarships: For students from the nine Member Nations who demonstrate financial need, academic merit and performance, and involvement with their community.
- Community Capacity Development Grant: Supporting community driven initiatives that are not typically funded and to endorse community vision and voice.
Support Indigenous children and their families
KLF is a charitable organization registered with the CRA, funded by public and private donors, local businesses and people like you.
“We are a small First Nation-led charity, doing big work right here in on Vancouver Island. Your donations are in good hands and make a real difference,” says Sharon Hobenshield, Executive Director of KLF.
Visit klfoundation.ca/donate to donate today!