“Can I afford it?” It’s one of the most common questions Kristine Newman answers when she’s giving tours of Berwick on the Lake, a retirement community on Long Lake in Nanaimo.
“I understand people’s hesitation — it’s a stunning location and we offer so many services, many people assume it’s outside their budget. But the monthly rent here is actually very affordable when you consider everything that’s included.”
6 ways you’ll save when living at Berwick on the Lake
- Fine dining: At Berwick on the Lake, nutritious meals prepared by Red Seal Chefs are included in your rent. That means you won’t have to spend any money on groceries, frozen meals, take-out or meal delivery. Residents at Berwick have the flexibility to dine where and when they want, and even take meals to-go, and you never have to worry about doing the dishes!
- Wellness: If you’re currently signed up for yoga at a local studio, spin class at the recreation centre or have a monthly gym membership, those costs are all included in your rent at Berwick. Drop by the private fitness studio on your own schedule or take part in an instructor-led class to develop new skills and share laughs with friends. Recreation professionals are available full time to nurture your physical and social wellness, and there are plenty of ways to engage in arts as well.
- Chauffeur: Once you’ve moved into Berwick on the Lake, you’ll have access to the Berwick Bus and Berwick About Town Car for scheduled group and individual trips. No more paying taxi fare for medical appointments or other errands!
- Housekeeping: Hiring a maid is often the first service older adults engage when looking for more free time or are tired of scrubbing toilets! At Berwick on the Lake, weekly housekeeping and fresh linens are included in your rent. And if you need enhanced support in the future, it’s easy to add extra care including personal laundry, medication monitoring or personal care.
- Utilities: Basic cable, internet, heat and electricity are all included in your monthly rent at Berwick on the Lake. If you’re downsizing from a house, that can mean significant savings. You’ll also enjoy the benefits of 24/7 security and an emergency response system to give you peace of mind.
- Community: You can’t put a price on good neighbours! Living in community with like-minded people who are eager to connect, engage and lend a hand is truly priceless.
Staff and residents of Berwick on the Lake are always happy and proud to show off their home. If you’re interested in a visit, please contact Kristine, the Community Relations Manager, at 250-729-7995. To follow along with the latest adventures from community members, visit instagram.com/berwick.lake.