Manager Sydney Braid stands out front of Koncept Nightclub on 240 Skinner St. The club replaces the Spice Lounge

Nightclub dances with new concepts

Koncept Nightclub hosts grand opening party this weekend in the old Spice Lounge building.

Residents of the Harbour City will have a new venue to show off their dance moves as a new nightclub is set to open this weekend.

Koncept Nightclub, located at 240 Skinner St., will hold a grand opening party Saturday (Sept. 13), which will feature DJ Jesse James, DJ Goofio (Hesh) and David Mumford.

“We’re basically trying to have all different types of music in this one night so that we can get all kinds of different people to come in and check it out,” said manager Sydney Braid.

Koncept Nightclub, which fills the vacancy left by the  Spice Lounge after it closed its doors last month, will be giving the first 50 people who enter the club on Saturday free VIP passes for the remainder of the year.

“I want to provide a fresh, elegant venue that attracts all different partiers,” Braid said. “Whether they are looking to relax and socialize or go out and get lost on the dance floor, I want this club to be the perfect option for everyone.”

As with most  nightclubs, Koncept will have a cover charge, but it has a twist.

“A third will go to our local entertainer, a third will go to the child development centre and another third is going to be put into a pot for a chance to win at the end of the night for our customers,” Braid explained.

The concept behind having a pot of money that people can win each night is simple.

“We want to give them a reason to stay,” Braid said. “We wanted to give everyone the chance of winning the pot and feeling special.”

For more information, visit http://bit.ly/KonceptN or follow them on Twitter at @KonceptNClub.

arts@nanaimobulletin.comTwitter: @npescod

 

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

Nanaimo RCMP ask for help locating 17-year-old girl believed to be with 36-year-old man

Mary Cyprich, missing since Thurday, might be in company of Force Forsythe

LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Nanaimo hospital staff say lives depend on stopping spread of COVID-19

President of medical staff association, chief of staff at NRGH asking for community’s best efforts

Nanaimo couple caught aboard cruise ship with four dead and COVID-19 present

Four ‘older guests’ have died on Holland America’s Zaandam, cruise line confirms two COVID-19 cases

COVID-19: Isolation exemptions to frontline workers a danger to patients, say Island Health employees

Staff exempt from self-isolation upon return from international travel according to Island Health

B.C. COVID-19 contact restrictions working, Dr. Bonnie Henry says

’Not out of the woods yet’ as next two weeks are critical

Trudeau announces 75% wage subsidy for small businesses amid COVID-19

This is up from the previously announced 10 per cent wage subsidy

World update, 9:30 p.m. March 27: Positive news in Korea as U.S. hits 100,000 cases

The United States now has the most coronavirus cases of any country in the world

VIDEO: Penguins roam empty halls of Vancouver Aquarium

COVID-19 has forced the Vancouver Aquarium to close access to guests – leaving room for its residents

COVID-19: Qualicum Beach youngster gets car parade for his sixth birthday

Friends get creative after party cancelled due to ongoing pandemic

Kids get back to learning in B.C., online

Ministry of Education rolls out new tool for school

67 more B.C. COVID-19 cases, two more deaths in Vancouver region

Positive tests found in Surrey, Langley long-term care facilities

‘Now is not the time to bag that peak’: BCSAR manager discourages risky outdoor adventures

Call volumes are not going down, even as the COVID-19 pandemic persists

Food Banks BC already seeing surge in demand due to COVID-19 pandemic

Executive director Laura Lansink said they expect applications will keep increasing

Most Read