Chesapeake Shores crews have used Second Avenue in Qualicum Beach (pictured here in front of the old chamber of commerce building) for the past two years to double as Chesapeake Shores’ main street. NEWS file photo

Chesapeake Shores begins filming this week

Cast members returning to Oceanside area for third season

Parksville Qualicum Beach will once again be turned into the east coast of the United States for the spring and summer.

Filming for Chesapeake Shores season three will be starting this week, according to some of the actors.

Andrew Francis, who plays one of the O’Brien children, Connor, tweeted April 8 that filming would start in nine days.

Barbara Niven, who plays Megan O’Brien, tweeted Monday that she was getting on a plane to Vancouver Island to start filming for season three.

Chesapeake Shores was given the green light for a third season back in January from the Hallmark Channel network. During the announcement at the Crown Media Family Networks’ TV Critics Association press tour, Hallmark stated the show is one of the network’s most-watched original series.

RELATED: Island-filmed TV series gets third season

The TV show centres around Abby O’Brien (Meghan Ory), a divorcee with two children, who returns to her hometown of Chesapeake Shores, Maryland, to be with her family. Chesapeake Shores follows the O’Brien family, which includes five children, their mother (played by Niven) and father (played by Treat Williams) and the matriarch of the O’Brien family (Dianne Ladd).

Parts of the first two seasons were filmed in Parksville Qualicum Beach, with sections of Second Avenue in Qualicum Beach proving a popular filming location.

Producer Matt Drake previously told Black Press there will be 10 episodes for season three with a summer 2018 premiere.

Send story tips: lauren.collins@pqbnews.com

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

Shopping resumes aboard Nanaimo ferry sailings

B.C. Ferries reopens gift shops on Queen of Cowichan and Queen of Oak Bay

City of Nanaimo reports on its salaries, expenses and payments

Municipality files statement of financial information with B.C. government

City of Nanaimo challenges families to Instagram their park explorations

ParkIt challenge set up to offer prizes to cap off days at the park

Nanaimo RCMP want speeding motorists to ‘slow the blazes down’

Police raise alarm after seeing 400-per cent rise in excessive speeding tickets last month

Top central Vancouver Island health official retires

Island Health says Dr. Paul Hasselback’s replacement to be named shortly

Horgan says B.C. restart making gains as more people come out of their homes

B.C. announced the easing of more restrictions on businesses, recreation and travel last month

Conservatives say police should be called into investigate WE charity scandal

Trudeau is already under investigation by the ethics commissioner for potential conflict of interest

Amber Alert continues for missing Quebec girls, 6 and 11, and their father

Police issued the alert for Norah Carpentier, 11, and Romy Carpentier, 6, from Levis, Que.

Limit police access to lethal weapons in Indigenous communities: Justice Summit

Grassroots-organized National Indigenous Justice Summit was a free-to-attend two-day videoconference

Campaign aims to raise $50K for young family of deceased Vancouver Island skydiver

James Smith, 34, died July 5 following incident in Nanoose Bay

Survey, hotline launched amid probe into racist blood-alcohol guessing game at B.C. hospital

Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond has been appointed to lead an investigation by Health Minister Adrian Dix

Canadian policing organization calls for decriminalization of simple illicit drug possession

Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police want policing focus of opioid crisis to be replaced with a health one

B.C. ports part of data integration project to protect marine ecosystems

The $1.2 M federally funded program will draw crucial baseline data from Canada’s three coastlines

Filing deadline in RCMP sexual-harassment class-action extended due to COVID-19

Plaintiffs now have until January 2021 to submit claims for up to $222,000

Most Read