It may not be easy being green, but the Green Solutions trade show can point environmentally conscious people in the right direction.
Sponsored by Mid-Island Co-op and other Nanaimo-area businesses, the seventh annual trade show and speakers forum takes place at Beban Park Social Centre on Saturday and Sunday (March 17-18) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission is free, and visitors can explore the latest in green living with more than 60 exhibits on everything from energy-saving ideas and rain barrels to green building and eco-friendly products and services.
New this year is an Eco-Kids zone taking place on both days.
Seminars on Saturday include:
* Defining Energuide and build green – 11 a.m.
* How to save energy and have fun – noon.
* Recycling: Is it worth it? – 1 p.m.
* The real cost of renewable energy systems – 2 p.m.
Sunday seminars include:
* Greening your water supply – 11 a.m.
* Build green on a project – noon.* Green neighbourhoods – 1 p.m.
* Food security – or the lack of it – on Vancouver Island – 2 p.m.