Marilou Beale was one of two people who were left homeless Nov. 30 when fire heavily damaged their townhouses at 1637 Bowen Rd.
The fire, which started outside the building and was deemed suspicious by Nanaimo Fire Rescue, is still under police investigation.
Beale and her dog Boo were both treated for smoke inhalation.
The building was covered by insurance, but Beale had no insurance policy covering her belongings and has moved in with her daughter’s family for several months until her townhouse is rebuilt.
She lost most of her large furniture to smoke damage and he daughter has started a fundraiser to help replace her belongings.
For more information or to make a donation, please visit www.paulajohnsoncounselling.com and click on the Marilou’s New Beginning Fund tab.