* Nanaimo Downtown Farmers’ Market features products, crafts and good food from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Pioneer Plaza, 90 Front St. Entertainer this week is Bob Hiebert. Visit www.nanaimofarmersmarket.com for more information or e-mail email@example.com.
* Nanaimo Kennel Club dog show goes from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Beban Park’s Centenial Building. Free admission. All sorts of dogs, vendors for all things doggy. June 15-17.
* Trinity United Church hosts a spaghetti supper, including salad, dessert and drink, at 5 p.m. at 6234 Spartan Rd. Adults $10, children under 2 $5. Tickets at the door.
* Nanaimo Theatre Groups hosts auditions from 1-3 p.m. at the Bailey Studio, 2373 Rosstown Rd., for production of The Melville Boys. Two men and two women aged 20 to 40s needed. Visit www.nanaimotheatregroup.com for details.
* Central Vancouver Island Orchid Society holds its regular meeting at noon at the Harewood Activity Centre, 195 Fourth Street, on the second floor. Program and sales. Guests are welcome.
* Bastion City Wanderers Volkssport Club hosts a 12-km Nanaimo walk. Registration at 8:45 a.m. in the front lobby of the Howard Johnson hotel and the walk starts at 9 a.m. 250-756-9796.
* Nanaimo Family History Society hosts its general meeting at 1:30 p.m. at Beban Park Social Centre, rooms 7-8. George Westwood will present on William James Westwood. Visitors welcome.
* Harbour City Newcomers Club, for anybody new to Nanaimo, meets at 7 p.m. at the Oliver Woods Community Centre. Visit www.harbourcitynewcomers.ca for details.
* Park Avenue School 50th Anniversary Planning Committee meets at 7 p.m. in the school’s library. Anybody interested in helping out is welcome to attend. Call 250-754-5591 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or for details.