News

Compressor sparks fire Monday morning

Fire fighters raced to Maughan Road to when alarms came in from K2 Stone Monday.

The flames broke out shortly before 8 a.m., but in spite of a lot of noise from alarms combined with plenty of smoke, the blaze turned out to be minor, said Capt. Ennis Mond, Nanaimo Fire Rescue fire prevention officer, and workers had snuffed the flames by the time firefighters arrived.

"There was fire in their compressor room," Mond said. "It was an older- style, no name brand compressor. It let go and they used two fire extinguishers and put it out."

Fire damage was confined to the compressor and no one was injured.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

What to do with school boards?
 
Editorial cartoon for Nov. 20
 
Jiu-jitsu club wins international gold

Community Events, November 2014

Add an Event


Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Nov 20 edition online now. Browse the archives.