- BC Games
Light bulb ignites fire
A fire was fortunately confined to the storage room of a townhouse after a light bulb ignited combustibles on the weekend.
The minor blaze happened shortly before 7:30 p.m. Friday at a townhouse duplex on the 1600 block of Fuller Street after a resident retrieved some of her belongings from the storage room and stacked some combustible items over a light and forgot to turn it off when she left the room.
Ennis Mond, Nanaimo Fire Rescue fire prevention officer, said the heat of the bulb eventually ignited a cardboard box and other items.
Fire damage was confined to the storage room, which is located on the outside of the townhouse, and the woman's belongings and spread minor smoke damage to an adjacent storage room.
No one was injured and the resident is insured.