News

Fire fuelled by gasoline spill

Firefighters mop up the aftermath of a blaze that destroyed the front of a duplex in the 4700 block of Fairbrook Crescent Wednesday. The blaze broke out around 1 p.m. when two men were changing the fuel filter under the gas tank of a vehicle and the trouble light they were using to illuminate their work shattered, igniting a tray of gasoline. One man was taken to hospital with burns and a second man was treated at the scene by emergency crews. Two vehicles were also destroyed, but a woman, two dogs and a guinea pig in the residence escaped uninjured. A family of four living in the adjoining suite are away on vacation. - Chris Bush photo
Firefighters mop up the aftermath of a blaze that destroyed the front of a duplex in the 4700 block of Fairbrook Crescent Wednesday. The blaze broke out around 1 p.m. when two men were changing the fuel filter under the gas tank of a vehicle and the trouble light they were using to illuminate their work shattered, igniting a tray of gasoline. One man was taken to hospital with burns and a second man was treated at the scene by emergency crews. Two vehicles were also destroyed, but a woman, two dogs and a guinea pig in the residence escaped uninjured. A family of four living in the adjoining suite are away on vacation.
— image credit: Chris Bush photo
We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Community Events, August 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Aug 21 edition online now. Browse the archives.