Fire fuelled by gasoline spill
Firefighters mop up the aftermath of a blaze that destroyed the front of a duplex in the 4700 block of Fairbrook Crescent Wednesday. The blaze broke out around 1 p.m. when two men were changing the fuel filter under the gas tank of a vehicle and the trouble light they were using to illuminate their work shattered, igniting a tray of gasoline. One man was taken to hospital with burns and a second man was treated at the scene by emergency crews. Two vehicles were also destroyed, but a woman, two dogs and a guinea pig in the residence escaped uninjured. A family of four living in the adjoining suite are away on vacation.